Choosing Freshfields means choosing a challenging work environment. Where you get the freedom to fully develop yourself. As an associate, you will work directly and fully in the practice group of your choice. The work extends beyond the Brussels office, allowing you to experience what an international network entails.
Just as important as our lawyers are our experts in the various areas within Business Services. Whether it concerns Business Development, Communication, Events, Finance, Human Resources, IT, Library&Information Service, Marketing, Office Management or Secretarial Services – our employees contribute every day to the success of the office with their work.
Curious and driven people with a ‘global mindset’ fit. You will notice that this mindset matches well with what our clients expect from us: service at the highest level. That is why we expect your work to radiate professional expertise and professionalism in every respect and that you use a healthy dose of relativity in doing so. Our slogan is ‘excellent, and not too serious’.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP is recruiting a mid-level associate to join its Brussels’s People and Reward practice. You will advise global employers on a range of Belgian and international employment, pensions, benefits and data privacy issues. The firm boasts a leading international employment practice, known as People and Reward, with teams spread across Asia, Europe and the US.
• Transactional work: due diligence, transactional documentation and related employment issues (reorganisations, transfers,
information and consultation, post-closing integration)
• Advising on executive remuneration and benefit plans, new forms of work, digitalisation of the workplace and long term
impact of the Covid-19 on the workplace
• Working on and managing multi-jurisdictional employment law projects
• Advising on a wide range of data protection matters, including employee investigations, data incidents, digital transformation
• Working on cross border employee participation matters: European Works Council, cross border mergers and european
• 4 or 5 years of experience, preferably in an employment department of a law firm or consultancy firm
• A willingness to work in Belgian and international employment law, corporate transactions and data privacy is required
• Excellent academic background – Post-graduate master in employment law is an asset
• Fluent in English with a good working level of Dutch and/or French
• Team player, motivated, solution-oriented, autonomous, excellent written and oral communication skills
We offer outstanding career development that starts when you join the firm. All our lawyers attend seminars and conferences that cover legal practices in Belgium, the EU and other jurisdictions.
Place du Champ de Mars 5